It's has been a long while I did not write on my experience here. Today it's time!
I would like to share about my experience as a committees of an event. There are few things that I learnt from that.
1. Work as a team Basically people would say we work together and strike our goals. However, I feel that teamwork is physically and mentally together. We worked so hard for preparations day and night because we are a team. This is teamwork.
2. Have Fun I read about an article long time ago. It stated that if you can't find the fun part of something, it's not meaningful to you. If you find the fun part of it even though it's hard time it's still meaningful to you. I am totally agree with this. I personally feel that achievement is not something big for me, the enjoyment during the process considered as my biggest gains in this event. From now onward, no matter how hard the life is, I still will find the fun part of it.
3. Communications The worst part of this event is communications. We had a hard time in communicate with helpers; I have a hard time to communicate with vice chair since he is always disappeared; Among committees we have a hard time to convey our message clearly. Start from the event day until the end, little communications (updates) to be shared among committees which lead to unnecessary lost. We learnt a lesson at the end. Key to get things done accordingly is through good communication.
4. Commitment How far you can go and how long you can stay at a position are depend on level of commitment. When time passed by, you can feel the commitment level of a single person. It's kind of obvious, you can't hide it.
5. Stay Positive and Strong Belief Along the journey, I would say there are ups and downs. The downs are we are fighting with time especially we cannot get any replies from companies even after 2 months. We started on with plan B, surprisingly, we got two companies representatives to participate in our events! There were total number of 7 speakers! That would be the main things that I wanted to highlights here: Thanks for the hard work of KG & Angela and my team. Of course thanks for the speakers! Honestly, at particular point I thought of cancel it. However, luckily I hold on, stay positive and start to belief that this can work out! It took me quite a long time to convince myself not to give up. We did it! =D

No comments:
Post a Comment